Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM®) class in San Diego: Aug 09-10
Join us for two days of learning and fun at this highly interactive workshop to learn Scrum. This class will help you learn the fundamentals of Scrum. Unlike some of the other classes you may have attended, this is a highly interactive workshop with no PowerPoint slides. This class will be appropriate for anyone seeking an introduction to Scrum - for your team including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Developers, Testers, Business Analysts, and Management (Project Managers and other Management members). PMI members are eligible for 16 PDUs.
Learners consistently rate this class as one of the best classes they have taken. If for some reason, you are not satisfied with the class, please discuss with me on the first day of the class and we will strive to make it right for you. If we can not meet your expectations, we will give you your money back.
This is not your typical training where the instructor tells you everything from the podium using a power point presentation. This is an experiential learning workshop where you will experience what you are learning thru carefully designed activities, well-facilitated discussions, some lecture. During this class, you will not only learn from the facilitator, you will also learn from discussing with your peers, co-creating learning materials, teaching your peer group. Join us to participate, practice and learn Scrum.
Come prepared to participate in exercises and discussions. Come prepared to be challenged. Attendees will go back with knowledge and skills that you can start using with your teams and organizations on the next day. Come with a beginners mind: In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, in the expert’s mind, there are few. This training will help you see new possibilities and learn techniques to come up with your own solutions for your challenges.
Agenda / Topics covered.
- Agile Principles and Values
- Scrum Framework and Scrum Values.
- What is it to be like working within the Scrum framework?
- The Scrum Master
- The Product Owner
- The Team members
- What would a Project Manager do? (and other roles in the organization).
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Continuous improvement with retrospectives
- User Stories and other requirement techniques
- Agile Estimation Techniques
- Planning and Monitoring.
- Burn-down/Burn-up charts.
- and more.
What do you get?
- Two days of world-class workshop by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) and Scrum Practitioner with 20+ years of experience.
- A rich scrum workbook that the attendees can co-create with their learning in the class
- Various reading materials and supporting materials for further learning and research.
- Opportunity to follow up with the instructor for future questions.
- 2 years of membership with Scrum Alliance.
- Fee paid for CSM test at Scrum Alliance.Up to 14 hours of Professional Development Units (PDUs) for PMI members / credentials.
- Up to 14 hours of contact hours towards the eligibility for PMI-ACP® examination.